- Membership in this chapter is an honor bestowed upon deserving students by the faculty and shall be based on the criteria of scholarship, service, leadership, and character.
- Members must participate in the chapter service project and must complete 10 hours of service each year.
- Candidates eligible for selection to this chapter must be members of the junior or senior class and must have been enrolled for a period equivalent to one semester at Van Vleck High School.
- Candidates eligible for election to the chapter shall have a minimum core GPR of 4.2 as defined by the student handbook. All core classes will be included in the calculation, beginning with the 9th grade year.
- Upon meeting the grade level, enrollment, and GPA standards, candidates shall then be considered based on their service, leadership, and character.
Selection of Members
- The selection of members to this chapter shall be by a majority vote of the faculty council, which consists of five faculty members.
- The selection of active members shall be held once a year during the first semester of the school year.
- All candidates who are eligible scholastically shall be notified and asked to complete and submit the candidate information form for further consideration. Candidates will be evaluated in the areas of Service, Leadership, and Character.
- The faculty council will review the candidate information form and office referrals for the current year. Serious offenses and/or repeated violations may be grounds for non-approval.
- Approved candidates will be notified in writing. Candidates who are not selected will also be notified in writing.
- The final admission to membership shall be by a public induction ceremony. All candidates must attend.