In accordance with the issuance of Governor Abbott’s Executive Order GA-21, the Van Vleck High School Class of 2020 graduation ceremony will be held on Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 7:30 PM, at the Van Vleck High School Burl McKinney football stadium. The graduation ceremony will be live streamed and a professional photographer will take pictures of the graduates. If inclement weather is experienced, the alternate date will be Friday, June 19, 2020, at 7:30pm.
While the executive order and Texas Education Agency guidelines allow us to host an outdoor graduation ceremony on or after June 1, 2020, we must abide by issued guidelines.
- The district is required to conduct a ceremony incorporating social distancing.
- The district is required to screen all students, parents, and visitors prior to entering a facility.
In order to meet issued guidelines, the following will be implemented:
- Attendance will be limited to the following:
- Graduating seniors
- Parents/guardians who will be escorting their graduate and sitting on the field (each graduate may receive no more than 4 field escort tickets).
- 5 patrons/audience members per graduate (each graduate will receive 5 stadium seating entrance tickets).
- Stadium seating ticket holders may not sit on the field.
- No person other than a graduating senior will be allowed entrance into the facility without a certified ticket issued by the VVHS Administration (including children).
- Under no circumstances will additional tickets be issued, and lost tickets will not be replaced.
- All patrons/audience members, parents, family members, and graduating senior students must truthfully complete and present a signed COVID-19 Screening form in order to be allowed entrance. Screening Form
- All graduating seniors will receive screening forms along with their allotted number of entrance tickets, and are responsible for delivering the screening forms and tickets to the guests of their choice. (Screening forms will also be available on the VVISD website to be accessed and printed should a form be lost or misplaced.)
- All persons who receive a stadium seating ticket will be required to present their completed and signed COVID-19 Screening form, along with their ticket, to the ticket taker at the time of entrance at the ticket booth.
- All persons who receive a field escort tickets must present their completed and signed COVID-19 Screening form, along with their ticket upon arrival to their designated meeting location at the facility.
- All graduating seniors must present their completed and signed COVID-19 Screening form upon arrival to their designated meeting location at the facility.
- Seniors must pick up their guest graduation tickets and screening forms on Thursday, May 21, from 11:00am – 12:30pm via drive through pick up at the front of E. Rudd Intermediate. Please stay in your car, drive through, and your items will be delivered to you through the window of your car.
- No person will be allowed entrance or to participate in the ceremony without their completed and signed COVID-19 Screening form AND VVHS entrance ticket (including children).
We ask that patrons who attend this voluntary graduation ceremony comply with the following guidelines:
- All persons are encouraged to wear facemasks, not to congregate in any area, and to maintain six feet social distancing while waiting in line and while entering and exiting the stadium.
- Stadium ticket seating is available on BOTH the visitor and home side.
- Graduation stage set up has been altered so that both sides of the stadium will have equal view of the graduates.
- Parking for those holding a stadium seating ticket will be available in the new parking lot located on visitor side directly behind the stadium scoreboard (accessible from Hwy 35) and the new parking lot located directly behind the home stadium side (accessible from McGonagle Drive).
- Parking inside the gated stadium area is reserved ONLY for handicap purposes.
- Each side of the stadium has been measured for social distancing. Once the max number on a given side has been reached, stadium seating ticket holders will be directed to the opposite side.
- All stadium entrances will open at 6:30pm and the ceremony will begin at 7:30pm.
- Social distancing intervals have been measured and marked with black or orange tape.
- It is the responsibility of patrons/audience members to use the black and orange tape as reference points to sit on so social distancing standards are maintained (warning tape will indicate rows that are off limits for seating).
- Families may sit in groups of up to 5, but social distancing should be applied elsewhere.
- All patrons/audience members must remain seated in the stands during the ceremony. No one will be allowed to stand along the fence, on the track, or on the field at any time before, during, or after the ceremony. NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE FIELD other than the graduate and their escort. At the conclusion of the ceremony, patrons/audience members shall promptly exit the facility and vacate the premises while practicing social distancing standards.