Van Vleck HS Graduation ceremonies are scheduled to be held at Burl McKinney stadium next Thursday, June 18, at 7:30pm.
While Van Vleck HS has provided several communications concerning this ceremony, we would like to ensure that all have the most up to date information concerning the details of that evening.
While Governor Abbot’s executive order and Texas Education Agency guidelines allow us to host an outdoor graduation ceremony, we must abide by issued guidelines.
- The district is required to conduct a ceremony incorporating social distancing.
- The district is required to screen all students, parents, and visitors prior to entering a facility.
Towards that end, attendance to the event has been limited, and each senior has received 4 field escort tickets and 5 stadium seating tickets.
- Stadium seating ticket holders may not sit on the field, and field escort ticket holders may not sit in the stands. Ticket holders must sit in the location designated on your ticket, and tickets are not transferable.
- No one will be allowed entrance in the stands or as a field escort without their ticket.
- Please ensure that tickets are not misplaced or lost. Under no circumstances will additional tickets be issued, and lost tickets will not be replaced.
All audience members, parents, family members, and graduating seniors must complete and present a signed COVID-19 Screening form in order to be allowed entrance.
- All seniors have received screening forms along with their allotted number of entrance tickets, and are responsible for delivering the screening forms and tickets to the guests of their choice. (Screening forms are also available on the VVISD website to be accessed and printed should a form be lost or misplaced.)
- All ticket holders and graduating seniors MUST present their completed and signed COVID-19 Screening form at the time of entrance to be admitted into the facility.
- No person will be allowed entrance or to participate in the ceremony without their completed and signed COVID-19 Screening form AND VVHS entrance ticket (including children of any age).
The following information is important for those who attend this voluntary graduation ceremony:
- All persons are encouraged to wear facemasks, not to congregate in any area, and to maintain six feet social distancing while waiting in line and while entering and exiting the stadium.
- All stadium entrances will open at 6:30pm and the ceremony will begin at 7:30pm.
- Stadium ticket seating is available on BOTH the visitor and home side.
- Graduation stage set up has been altered so that both sides of the stadium will have equal view of the graduates.
- Each side of the stadium has been measured for required social distancing, and maximum capacities for each side have been set accordingly. The maximum capacity for the home side with social distancing is 158 people, and the visitor side maximum capacity with social distancing is 214. Once the maximum number of people on either side of the stadium has been reached, stadium seating ticket holders will be directed to the opposite side of the stadium for entrance and seating.
- Parking for the visitor side seating will be available in the new parking lot located on the visitor side, in front of the new HS, directly behind the stadium scoreboard, which is accessible from Hwy 35.
- Parking for the home side seating will be available in the new parking lot located directly behind the home stadium side (accessible from McGonagle Drive).
- Parking inside the gated stadium area is reserved ONLY for handicap purposes.
- Social distancing intervals on each side of the stadium have been measured and marked with black and orange tape.
- It is the responsibility of audience members to use the black and orange tape as reference points to sit on so social distancing standards are maintained. In addition, warning tape will indicate rows that are off limits for seating.
- Families may sit in groups of up to 5, but social distancing should be applied elsewhere.
- All audience members must remain seated in the stands during the ceremony, and no one will be allowed to stand along the fence, on the track, or on the field at any time before, during, or after the ceremony. NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE FIELD other than the graduate and their escort.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, audience members must promptly exit the facility and vacate the premises while practicing social distancing standards and avoiding any congregation or gathering.