March 17, 2020
Van Vleck ISD Families,
Given the rapidly evolving situation and in support of the national effort by the Centers for Disease Control to support our nation’s need to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, Van Vleck ISD will take the following actions:
Van Vleck ISD’s Facilities will remain closed until further notice. Please continue to use the Online/Distance Learning Resource Webpage provided by Van Vleck ISD at the link below. Again, students are to remain at home and continue using the Online/Distance Learning Resources until further notice. Our staff will continue to educate our students remotely. If you have any questions about these online resources, please send your questions to email@example.com. Next, please don’t forget to fill out the online VVISD COVID-19 Information Family Survey by clicking the link below. This survey is very important and will help our school district better provide remote instruction for all of our students. This survey can be done on your Chromebook, computer, and on any smartphone.
Online/Distance Learning Resources:
VVISD COVID-19 Information Family Survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdH5EPF73ZpjLGCdDUZD5zhkPdBUQhhE7_cxUACMZIW-y02Lg/viewform Free Student Meal Program will continue until further notice. Free student lunches will begin tomorrow and will continue Monday - Friday, 11 am-1 pm at O. H. Herman Middle School until further notice. The drive-thru is behind the Middle School Cafeteria. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has outlined the need for all communities to implement a social distancing protocol. We want to reiterate a request to our broader community to take the following reasonable precautions to prevent the spread of the illness:
- Don’t shake hands
- Wash your hands regularly
- Limit movement within the community, especially avoiding crowded placed and maintaining 3ft to 6ft of distance between people (at least an arm’s length)
- If you are moving around in the community, don’t congregate in large groups
- For those who have traveled to areas with known COVID-19 cases – both inside and outside of the country – we ask that you self-quarantine and monitor for symptoms. Students who have traveled should plan to stay home for two weeks after arriving home. Please contact your campus to let them know, and this will be considered an excused absence.
- If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19, call your health care provider for medical advice .
- Keep your child at home if he/she feels ill, even if you think it is just a cold.
- Do not leave the house if you are ill, except to access medical care
We recognize the difficulty this decision may cause families and our community. It hurts our hearts that students are not in our schools, but we know it is the best decision for all. As this situation continues to evolve, we will communicate to provide concise information based on the most current guidance from our local, state, and federal health authorities.
Thank you for your support and cooperation as we ensure that all members of the LeopardNation stay safe and healthy. We are confident that our Van Vleck ISD family is resilient, strong, and will overcome this challenge.