VVISD Parents, Guardians, & Staff Members
We wish you a Happy New Year & we hope you all enjoyed your Christmas break!
Classes will resume on MONDAY JANUARY 11, 2021.
Parents/Guardians of Elementary grade levels: Please send Chromebooks and chargers back to school with your students.
Email the District Nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org if your student (within the last 10 days) is considered a close contact to a positive case, is having any of the signs or symptoms listed in the protocol, has tested positive for COVID-19, or is living in the same household as a positive case.
Please remind your students:
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
- Hand sanitizer is encouraged if soap and water are not readily available
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, and if not available, covered in their elbows. Used tissues should be thrown in the trash, hands should be washed immediately with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or hand sanitizer should be used.
- Schools are required to comply with the governor's executive order regarding the wearing of face coverings for those 10 years and older.
- Encourage the wearing of masks to cover both the nose and the mouth at all times
- Face shields are acceptable
We look forward to kicking off the New Year strong & healthy.